First aid courses in Brisbane will provide you with skills and knowledge essential for conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Completing the LVR CPR course in Brisbane will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedures and to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from a LV apparatus.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd – RTO 90909.
HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
UETDRRF004 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
COURSE FEES & PAYMENT
The fee for this course is $110 (GST free) per person – book with a group to receive a discount
For group/company bookings, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
• Option 1: Face to Face – 5.5 hours (minimum) full face to face course
• Option 2: Blended delivery – 4.5 hours (minimum) face to face course with the addition of 1 hour self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
• Option 3: Refresher training – 4 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
• Option 4: Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 25 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 3 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
Important information regarding course durations:
The duration of the CPR courses in Brisbane mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a A Training training facility.
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR (Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions)
- Physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including manual handling in the rescue of a mock casualty
- Sufficient English language, literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course
- Personal safety equipment (PPE) must be provided by the student and worn during practical sessions
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
To maintain competency it is suggested that a refresher course is undertaken for:
• HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation – every 12 months
• UETTDRRF06 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel – Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please refer to the Student Handbook for all details relating to your rights and responsibilities.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
- Practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Low voltage panel rescue
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.