First Aid Courses in Brisbane will provide you with the skills and knowledge to carry out rescue procedures from live low voltage (LV) apparatus. You will be taught how to apply work procedures and instructions for risk control, personal safety and the safety of others on the site, inspection and placement of rescue equipment, knowledge of Safe Approach Distances, how to identify and label isolation points in accordance with workplace procedures, how to isolate the electricity supply using appropriate apparatus, removal of victim from live conductors/apparatus and how to facilitate medical treatment by medical professionals.
During your Brisbane LVR course you will learn the contents of a rescue kit and correct location of each piece of equipment, dangers of toxic gasses from an electrical fire and basic procedures to manage burns.
The course involves a practical demonstration of a rescue.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO ENROLMENT
COURSE FEES & PAYMENT
The fee for this course is $110 (GST free) per person – book with a group to receive a discount
For group/company bookings, please contact us for a free quote on 1300 707 677
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the Student Handbook
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
• Option 1: Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) full face to face course
• Option 2: Refresher training – 2 hours (minimum) face to face course – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
Important information regarding course durations:
The duration of the CPR courses in Brisbane mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a A Training training facility.
Participants must have:
- Prerequisite – This course has a prerequisite of HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation(Evidence of completion and currency is required).
- Physical fitness – Participants must have the physical capacity to complete a practical demonstration of a simulated LV panel rescue.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
CERTIFICATE RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS
Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months. No industry recommended renewal is identified on the certificate, employers are recommended to consult with stakeholders to identify appropriate training periods.
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please refer to the Student Handbook for all details relating to your rights and responsibilities.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Delivery of course information and learning activities.
- Performance tasks – Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
- Simulated scenario – Low voltage panel rescue
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.